So, you’re a researcher or inventor that wants to publish your work in an open access format for all the world to see?
We’re glad to hear it!!
No, that isn’t an exaggeration. If you’ve found your way here, you know that we believe that science, discovery, and knowledge should be shared around the world freely, and you agree with us. For that, we welcome you with open arms.
So, let’s get started, shall we?
- Insanitek is not your personal blog to put your idle thoughts on. All posts are reviewed and edited. They must be properly cited, backed up with evidence, and have a decently strong argument. We will send obvious pseudo-science back to you.
- You may not turn off comments on your posts. All posts are encouraged to have discourse on them.
- You may choose to ignore the comments on your posts, but it’s not recommended. After all, working with the public is how they are informed, and when they are well-informed, you have a better chance of getting them to help you with crowdfunding activities, crowdsourcing activities, and even be able to write it into the grants you apply for. It pays to listen to the public and play nice with them.
Now, your answers (to commonly asked questions).
- Wait. I get paid?! It’s the question on everyone’s mind, isn’t it? We give you, the author of the papers that bring us visitors, a small percentage of the money from the advertising fees based on page views of your piece. Payment reflects how well your posts do, and are subject to change with the times, funding, and relevance of your posts. You will get paid via PayPal to the email address you gave us when you signed up.
- How do I sign up? Well, just look below. There is a correspondence box with the questions you need to answer. We’ll set you up with an account, send you a welcome packet, and you’ll be on your merry.
- How do I get in touch with a graphic designer/science communicator/PR specialist for help? Our professional services are available to you by filling out the appropriate surveys or emailing the departments that you need. Just click this link to get to the services page for range of offerings, prices, and the surveys.
- Does Insanitek have a copyright policy? Most of Insanitek uses the Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA) Creative Commons license. According to the CC Licensing, this license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms. This license is often compared to copyleft free and open source software licenses. All new works based on yours will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also allow commercial use. This is the license used by Wikipedia, and is recommended for materials that would benefit from incorporating content from Wikipedia and similarly licensed projects. This is where your published work will fall.
- Can I use my work elsewhere? It’s your work, and it should be shouted across the mountain tops! In other words, YES! We will not hold you to an exclusive term limit, and we will not be jealous of the other sites you put them on. OK, well, we might, but only a little, and we promise not to hold it against you.
Have other questions? Feel free to send a message to us.
Ready to get started? Fill out the form below, and we’ll be in touch as soon as we create your account.